Monday, January 26, 2009

The Rest of My Week

Well, I seem to have posted in bits and pieces today! What else have I been doing this week? I will go through methodically to get it all down!

Tuesday:
I got my article and layout/card finalised for Scrapbooking Memories and posted them off. It was a real relief because in the end, I had lost the 800 word article that I had written for them 3 times! While in the post office I saw my cousin Hilda and had a little catch-up with her.

Wednesday:
Callum and I headed off to Smithton in the morning because I had two scrapbooking classes scheduled there in the afternoon. We got 10 people to participate and it was heaps of fun. I always love teaching a page and then seeing the end results, which are always so different to my own example. We stayed in Smithton with my sister Janice for the night and had a great time.

Caitlin had a mini-holiday with Nan and Pop while Cal and I went away. She had a special day at Wing's Farm Park in Guns Plains with Nan, Lynette and her grandson Kalan. Caitlin didn't really talk that much about her day out, but I gather from Mum that she had a good time!

Thursday:
Had a relaxing morning at Janice's house. We went to Montague to pick blueberries (Janice, Justice, Lauren and I) which was such a lovely thing to do. The owners are an older eccentric Canadian couple, but they grow the yummiest organic blueberries I have tasted. And they were so cheap at $7 per kilo!

We went scrapbook shopping, clothes looking and then out for lunch after our blueberry picking trip. I spent some time at Janice's packing up, helping Justice with some cards for the "animals" challenge for the card swap, and then headed back up the coast.

When Callum and I got back, I realised that he had cut two teeth over night (his bottom eye teeth R then L). No wonder he had been grumpy for a few weeks!

Friday:
We haded to Devonport to do some jobs - we called in to Pots and Pans and I saw a great stove top coffee pot that I think I will go back and get. It is an Avanti one and was $43 off. A friend at home makes this type of coffee and I just love it, so I would like to get rid of my coffee machine that I am not at all happy with and make it on the stove instead. We went to Mason and Mason for a yummy lunch and look around, then headed to Burnie to Jenerick and then Spotlight for decorator items for Mum and Dad's new home.

Saturday:
Went out for Chinese for tea - very interesting night - they had no high chair, so Cal had to be held, or watched like a hawk, Caitlin couldn't find much on the menu to eat (and they had no kids menu!), we asked for a bowl of ice cream for Caitlin and they came back to me to ask if I realised that a bowl of ice cream was $15!!!, so I politely said that we would give it a miss, then they came back and said they could do a kids serve for $5 and again I said no thanks ($5 for a kids ice cream???). They told us at the end that they were aiming to make it a high class establishment... don't rich people have kids? I wonder how long they will last...

Sunday:
Went up to the farm so the kids could have a ride on the motor bike. Then the kids and I went for a visit with Neil and Louise which was great. They are so relaxed and I enjoy their company. We are going there for tea on Tuesday night as a farewell.

Here are some pics of our blueberry picking expedition. It was such great therapy!


Janice and Justice:




Janice and I:



Lauren:



Look at the luscious little things! The plants were loaded.




Haylee and Justice move to Geelong this week - I think all of our family are really sad to see them move, but realise there are bigger things out there for those two! Justice has been accepted to a great all girls public school there and Haylee will have a new home and job in no time! Good luck. I now have a great reason to stop over in Melbourne for a holiday.

No comments: