Monday, January 26, 2009

Farm Girl

Today Dad was carting in the last of the hay he had cut and baled. I love this photo of the huge round straw coloured bales of hay and the bluest of blue skies.





Mum and I sat the kids up on the bales because it is a great kid thing to do - playing in the hay. It really isn't the same as when I was a kid though because the bales used to be small and rectangular, which we could shift around to make cubby houses. And the chooks loved them too, often making a nest in amongst the bales. When you realised that the egg supply was getting low, they were already well ensconsed in their new nest!





Cal had his first ride on the motor bike yesterday, but of course I forgot to take the camera, so today I made sure I got it all on film! He is s o easy going that he just took it all in his stride.





Caitlin absolutely loves the bike and is on it as often as she can convince us to take her up to the farm. I think if she were here more often she would become a real farm girl. She isn't frightened, she wants to have a go and will be in anything. I love that!





She also had a couple of rides in the tractor with Pop, sitting up on his knee and taking it all in. I think with very little encouragement, she would be in there and driving the tractor for Pop!








No comments: