Monday, January 26, 2009

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!

Happy Australia Day! We are having a barbie for tea, cooking lamingtons and being very good little Aussie citizens by watching the obligatory sport on our national day!

Since I have been updating the blog more often, I feel as though a week without blogging is almost an eon.

Callum loves getting around after his bath in the nudie rude. He also has a fascination with Mum and Dad's ensuite. He crawls so fast that it is hard to get a photo of him! Here is a shot of Cal crawling as fast as he possibly could (because he knew I was after him) into the ensuite to get into mischief. Very cute I think.




This week he has started to pull himself up to standing and the bath is just a good height for him to get leaverage to stand. Caitlin was in the bath when I took this shot and she had been feeding Cal bubbles to eat!




Since we have been here we have been talking to Craig on the phone every day. Caitlin (aka little miss chatterbox) spends as much time on the phone to her Daddy as I do I think! She has a routine on the phone and every time Mum and I hear her we just crack up because we know exactly how the conversation is going to go! I think she is looking out for her Daddy's welfare.

Here is how it goes:
1. "hello"
2. "what have you been doing?"
3. "what did you have for breakfast?"
4. "what did you have for lunch?"
5. "what did you have for tea?"
6. "oh, you haven't had tea? Well what did you have for morning tea?"

And so on it goes! Just hilarious.



We have been wearing her out too. She has been for long walks, trips to the park and the beach, running around, digging in the garden, meeting new people and generally staying out of bed heaps later than she should. Some days she goes suspiciously quiet and when I look at her she is sound asleep. Earlier in the week, she was trying on her new school uniform to see how much I need to alter the skort I got for her (size 4 and far too big) and she sat down for not even for a minute and this is how I found her!




I will post again to put up some more photos - I have been so busy this week!

No comments: