Friday, January 16, 2009

I am trying so hard to keep my new year's resolution to be more organised! I want to be more organised to get into bed at a reasonable hour, to get more scrapping done and submitted for publication, organised to do more fun things with the kids and to see more of my friends. So, in keeping, I am scrapping up a storm while I am in Tasmania on holidays! I like to have all of the term's scrap pages done and ready for the first class. I like to show students what they are "in for". This afternoon I have been working on the Christmas layout for our first class of term and was really inspired but I had forgotten that I had no photos and that Mum had no photo paper, so I have stalled! I will head to HN to get photo paper and will be scrapping up a storm again.

Every time I am home my sister, step-niece and myself try to get a photo of us together. We try to compose it the same every time we have one taken. On sunday we had Mum take one for us and we were all happy with the pic (me, Haylee, Janice).



When we were in Perth for Christmas we went on the train into the city to see Santa at Myer. We took our neice with us and I got this great shot of her on the train. I did a little photoshopping and I love the result. I can't wait to scrap this one. She is such a beautiful girl and fun and easy to be around.



I submitted a cute little apple shaped card to Creative Paper magazine and they want to publish it as a series, all using the transparent cut-out technique, so today we went to the scrap shop in Devonport - Bev's Cross Crafts - so that I could get a couple of bits and pieces to make the 2 extra cards and of course I came away with half the shop! I am sure all scrap shops are set upjust to catch me out! It is such a great shop though, if you are ever able to get there.

Then we made our way to Perfecta cherry farm and had lunch at their cafe called Windows. We had cherry pancakes and they were very yummy. I ate the remainder of Callum's cauliflower soup too and it was probably the nicest of its kind I have tried (and he thought it was pretty good too).

Callum is getting so strong. He wants to walk with me all the time, and it takes him less effort to get up onto his feet from sitting now too (with someone giving him a small amount of help). I really don't think it will be many weeks before he can pull himself up all on his own. He is loving getting into all of Nan and Pop's drawers now that he realises they come open and there is often something in them! Cal has also become an insatiable flirt - he has started playing up to the ladies big time! He does his funny face and waves and talks and bats his cute little eyelids - it is just hilarious to watch!

No comments: