Friday, June 6, 2008

Long time no post!

Yes, I have been reminded that I should post at least as many times as Mardi Winen! (every other day!). Do I have that much news? Maybe...

I think winter has hit here. Finally the days are below 20 and the nights below 10 degrees. I am not looking forward to the really cold nights because I am still up at least once a night to Callum, so I think I might freeze (or be doing some serious controlled crying to get him to sleep all night!).



Callum has been changing heaps lately. This is his usual pose at the moment - hands shoved in his mouth to sooth his gums. He had his second hair cut last friday and is completely blond now! He is saying mum mum all the time and when he is really upset he calls out Mummm eeee! He has also started saying bub bub, which is pretty cute. He is building his language pretty fast compared to Caitlin, I think, because he is also babbling heaps and putting two sounds together already, such as goo ahhh, which I can't recall Caitlin doing so early.

On Tuesday a little tooth popped through at the bottom. He now has 3 teeth at the top and 3 at the bottom. I was having a feel a little while ago and I think the 4th tooth at the bottom will be next - I can feel it just sitting there. I can't wait for all these teeth to come through because he has been so unsettled and in heaps of pain with them. At least he has started eating again. He had 3 days where it was far too painful for the spoon to go into his mouth (even the rubber ones we use).

Today, for the first time, Cal put up his arms for me to pick him up! Yay! I love it when they start to do that. I know when he is excited to see me because he kicks and wriggles all over the place, but actually making a "pick me up" gesture is just great.



Caitlin and I had our review at the naturopath last week and she is impressed with how well we are both doing. Caitlin is just a changed girl. Not that she has ever been a really naughty kid, but she could get really grumpy and difficult sometimes but she is now mostly a very agreeable girl. She chatters all the time, sings the most amazing songs that I have never even heard before (and she knows all the words) and is just the best company. Neither of us have had a cold either, so that is the best news of all considering how sick we were last winter. Craig has his review next week and I think he will be doing well too. He is almost off his reflux tablets and feeling well.

Craig has been away in Perth for 2 nights for a business meeting and will be home on the last flight tonight. It is our wedding anniversary today, so it will be great to have him home . We are going to get some nice take-away from Villa Maritana and have a romantic tea in! Then tomorrow, he trips off again with Big Yammi from Mitsubishi in Japan and won't be home again until late Sunday, so I will be missing him heaps by then.

Time to give Cal a snack! I will post some scrapping stuff after the snack.

No comments: