Monday, July 7, 2008

Long time no post!

Wow, I hadn't realised it had been so long since I had posted!

Most of my vegies are up! I was out in the garden yesterday and the spuds are just coming up, which is great, but means I need to be diligent in covering the vegies at night now because we have had heaps of really harsh frosts over the last couple of weeks. Mum and Andrew will be here at a great time because I will have spinach, carrots, zuchinis and probably redbeet ready in the garden at the time - yum!

We had a quick trip to Esperance last weekend - 3 nights. It wasn't as enjoyable as usual. It seemed like a mountain of packing to get 4 of us there and back, the weather was rainy and windy, and while we were there I had my wallet stolen from the toilets at the Boulevard, so it has discouraged us from going away again in a hurry.

I had my last scrapbooking class at home on thursday night which was sad but also exciting. I am moving classes to the scrap shop because it is hard on Craig and the kids having their home invaded 3 times a fortnight and I was also feeling the pressure of not being able to get into a mess or have an off day or two, like so sften happens when you have 2 kids. Classes start on the 22nd and I am really looking forward to it. Renaye from Keepsake Kraft has made a great scrap space that I am looking forward to teaching in.

All the cards for the June card swap are in and they are all so fantastic. I love getting them all and seeing just how differently we all interpret the challenge. This month was an embossing challenge and the August swap is a fold challenge, where we have to use a non-standard card fold. I would like to try a pop-up card fold, but I think I need to do some research on the net first.

We had a busy weekend again (what's new?). Craig has shifted a heap more lawn from the spots where we are going to have garden beds to the spot where the kids swing set is going to go. It is really hard work, but it will save us money in the end and will establish pretty fast once spring is here. I have set myself the task of completing one job a day over the school holidays to get the inside of the house sorted out. Boring I know! Saturday I cleaned out Caitlin's wardrobes. Sunday I sorted out the kids old clothes that I had boxed up. I set aside piles to go to Good Sammi's and piles that I am going to try and sell on eBay. Today I have started listing things on eBay, so I hope that they will sell. I still have quite a few items to go on, but I am going to work at it of an evening over the next couple of days and hopefully get rid of them. Tomorrow I am going to clear off Callum's bed and make it up, ready for Mum and Andrew's visit in August. Then if I finish that I will make a start on the toy jungle! I have warned Caitlin that we are going to have a big clean up of her toys. Also, Callum has grown out of many of the baby toys like rattles etc, so we can cull them now (maybe to sell on eBay too).

Callum has been really sick over the past week or a bit more. Yesterday evening his temp shot up to 39, so I was a bit suspicious. He has progressively been getting more and more miserable too, so we headed off to the doctor today. Didn't take long to discover that our poor little man has tonsilitis. I really hope he doesn't suffer with it like I did as a child. He has a course of antibiotics and hopefully that clears it up, but we have a repeat if he still isn't 100% by the end of the 5 day course.

I am off to watch the tennis - we taped it last night because it was still not on at 10pm, so we went to bed. We have heard the result (boo hoo) but want to watch it anyway. I will post photos in the next couple of days.

No comments: