Thursday, July 17, 2008

Child Health Visit

I took Caitlin for her 3 year old check up and Cal for his 8 months check on Tuesday.

Caitlin had a full audiology check because the speech therapist wanted to check that her hearing was OK to rule that out as a cause for her lagging speech. She heard every sound that was produced, so that is promising. On height and weight, she is going well too. She is 100cm tall, which is almost right on the 75th percentile, which means that only 25% of girls her age are taller. She weighs 15.8kg with clothes and shoes, which is between the 50th and 75th percentiles, which is also great. She is on track to be a bit taller than me. Maybe I will end up the shortie of the family like my Mum has!

Callum has lost a small amount of weight since I weighed him at 9 months - he is now 8.06kg (he was 8.14kg at 9 months). When he had the bad cold and tonsilitis he hardly ate or drank, so I can fully understand that he has lost some weight. The CHN was onto it and wants to make sure that he has put on some again by 10 months because of his weight loss when he was 3 or 4 months. I am sure that he is fine though. He is growing longer despite being sick - he is now 72.5cm long. He has suddenly decided food is OK too. His appetite has increased heaps and he is starting to tolerate lumps and loves rice rusks and toast crusts. I expect that he will be beefing up from now on!

No comments: