Monday, May 26, 2008

The garden and some photos of the kids

We are borrowing a little trampoline from L and G at the moment. Caitlin thinks it is just the greatest! She would spend almost every waking moment on it if she could! She has learnt how to bounce down onto her knees from standing and yesterday she got brave enough to bounce down onto her bottom. She thinks she is pretty clever. I got some cute action shots and here is one of many.




She still will not push herself on her trike. It isn't that she can't do it because she can - I just think she likes doing it the way she always has and she is pretty stubborn, so there is no convincing her that there is any other way! She has her smock on in this photo because we had been doing some painting.




My garden is coming along so nicely at the moment. I love growing my own fruit and veg and being able to go out and pick an apple or orange when I want, or choose the vegies for tea and go and get them from the garden. I also love being able to give some away. Craig thinks this is a bit of a waste, but I like how much people genuinely appreciate getting something out of someone elses garden. Here is a shot of my oranges - aren't they yummy looking? Mum, wouldn't you love to go out and pick your morning orange fresh off the tree every day? They still have a couple of weeks to go because they are still a bit tart.




Here is a picture for Dad - my broadies are looking yummy already! I hope the soil condition is OK because they are planted where the slabs were laid in the old chook shed. I fertilised well, so I hope that makes up for it.




And finally, we have a mellon on our watermellon vine that has been there for about four months and done nothing. I think it has not been getting polinated, so now there is one on it, maybe we will get some more (then we will get a rippa frost and it will be gone!). It is about 15 or 20 cm long at the moment and growing fast.




Look at this cheeky little man! Callum is teething at the moment and he is getting about four teeth at once, so he is in quite a bit of pain, poor little boy. Unfortunately for him he takes ages for the teeth to actually come through, so he may be like this for about 3 weeks. He loves putting this ring in his mouth because it sits just nicely on his gums where the teeth are coming down.



When I saw this photo I realised just how much he is changing at the moment. In this photo he is looking much more like a little boy than like a baby. Wow - he is eight months old tomorrow!


And guess who is finally sitting up most of the time! He just loves to throw himself backwards though, so he can often be found staring at the ceiling again!



This is a photo that I took myself of Cal and me, because I forget to ask Craig to take some. I think he was watching Caitlin at the time!

No comments: