Sunday, March 8, 2009

Turning 4!

We got back last night from a week in Perth. It was a bit of a mamoth trip. We were a bit disorganised in the morning, so didn't get packed up and ready to go until after 11am. Then we had to drop Mitchi's car back, call in to the Naked Butcher for some yummy nitrate free bacon and because it was late, we stopped for lunch in Mundaring. By the time we got home it was nearly 11pm! Needless to say, the kids weren't up until 8.30am.

We had a great time and got out and kept busy because we had a car to get around in. Craig's work colleague, Mitchi, is away at the moment, so the kids and I used his work car. One of the fun things we did was to go to the museum. Caitlin had requested a trip to see some dinosaurs, so off we trecked and had a look. The museum has been renovated since I was there last and it is fantastic - there is even a kids interactive zone! I would highly recommend it if you are passing through Perth.

I also bought myself a new wok. I was fed up with the old one (well, not really that old) and decided that instead of buying mid range pans and having them last 1-2 years, I was going to get a really good one with a guarantee of long life, which would in the end be cheaper. So, I saw a scan pan wok on sale (over $100 off) and got that. It came with a free lid and steamer basket, both of which I will use) so I feel as though I have gotten a great deal. Tonight we are having stirfry for tea!

Caitlin enjoyed her birthday with Nan and Pop Slater in Perth. Some friends and their children also joined us to help make Caitlins day special. We went bowling and then out for pizza and had such a fun time. Caitlin had put in this request weeks ago, so it was great to follow-through so that she felt special. Now my little girl is 4! I must say the cake was probably the worst I have ever made! I didn't have enough butter to make butter creme icing, then didn't have enough icing sugar to make enough icing to decorate it properly, then Caitlin got stuck into the smarties and I ended up with enough to go only 2/3 of the way around the cake, and with the help of a 4 year old to decorate it, the cake ended up looking rather unique! It tasted good though and a cake with candles makes a birthday complete.



Just to catch up on a few pictures, I have added some random ones here.

Caitlin and Callum love the swing set. Callum is enjoying going down the slide now with some assistance.



Callum has started doing what Caitlin used to do - hop into the dishwasher! I am surprised he hasn't broken the door because he is a heavy little thing!



Here is a pic of my gorgeous girl on her first day of school. She is loving school and can't wait to get back there each school day. She has a uniform of bright yellow t-shirt and black skort, which is far too big for her, but better than getting her day clothes stained.



Here is Caitlin in action putting on her name badge in class. Now that they have been going a few weeks, they no longer need them because the teacher has learned all their names.



I have far more photos and will update again soon!

No comments: