Sunday, October 5, 2008

Cal's First Birthday

We celebrated Callum's first birthday last saturday. I can't believe that he is a year old already! We had a cake at playgroup on friday the 26th and had friends over for tea on his actual birthday, which was the 27th.

I made him a catepillar cake and I am so happy with how it came out. I am not a fancy cake maker, but given that I am very impressed. Callum (and Caitlin!) thought it was pretty good too.



Here is a picture of the birthday boy enjoying some of his cake. He went back for more, so I take it he likes chocolate catepillar cake!


He got some great boy toys for his birthday, like cars, trucks and tractors. This truck is one that he has had for a while, but he just loves it. He leart to broooooom his trucks at about 10 months and he is doing it flat out now! He interacts really nicely with his toys now that he has some more age appropriate toys. I am going to have a huge clean out of the "baby" toys this week and get rid of a heap now that he has some big boy toys.

Wow, he's one! We had a great day!

No comments: